Sunday, September 5, 2010

Historic Hudson Valley Trail Hunt


I had a great Friday and Saturday in Red Hook, New York and the surrounding Hudson Valley. Much letterboxing and hiking was done by all. It was a great gathering in one of the most beautiful parts of New York, *and* one that is resplendent with great carvers and planters. With this weekend's finds I have finished the logbook I started in 2004. This coming weekend in Elmira at L.O.S.T. at Tanglewood Nature Center I'll start my new logbook, 2010 - ????!

The only showing of Hurricane Earl was some passing sprinkles and a lot of humidity on Friday. Saturday was perfect boxing weather, sunny, breezy, and dry.

There were visitors from Georgia, Wisconsin, and Connecticut. And those are just the states I know about. I finally got to meet Wisconsin Hiker and Martini Man and spend time with them chatting over pasta and some awesome guacamole prepared by Tamsyn. Martini Man is a great 'mater slicer'.

I have to take back everything I said about having to use a certain web site to feel a part of a larger boxing community. Wisconsin Hiker made me realize otherwise.

I would have stayed longer but wasn't feeling well, so I drove home this morning and am feeling better after taking a Sunday afternoon nap, also one of the joys of life, along with letterboxing!

1 comment:

sgordon561@aol.com said...

Jealous...so jealous!!! (@ the nap part!) Seriously...glad you had a geat time!!! :-)